Working on a end-of-year piece on the top 10 sports stories of 2012 for South Carolina/Lowcountry that will run in late December. These are scary, because odds are you will think of something you left out while reading the article in the paper. Too late.
That’s why I’m taking suggestions now. Leave a comment here or on twitter (@jeff_fromthepc) or on the Citadel Sports/Charleston Post and Courier page on Facebook.
In no particular order (yet), I’m looking at:
1. PGA on Kiawah: Rory beats Tiger, but nobody beats the traffic.
2. Marcus Lattimore: Seemed like an entire state held its breath when USC’s popular RB went down with a scary knee injury.
3. Goose Creek saga. Gators went 13-0, but never had a chance vs. SCHSL
4. Clowney dominates as USC beats Clemson for 4th straight time
5. College of Charleston bolts SoCon for Colonial as college landscape continues to shift
6. Shakeup at South Carolina: Frank Martin hired in hoops, Ray Tanner from dugout to AD’s office
7. Carrier Classic turns into fiasco as wet court dooms nationally televised game
8. Cooper River Bridge Run bus/late start debacle
9. Citadel football posts winning season, beats GSU and App State
10. Sammy Watkins’ arrest followed by disappointing season for him at Clemson
What am I missing?