Feb. 2 update:
Here’s the latest rundown on Citadel commitments, including three new ones from this weekend to bring my count to at least 15 with decisions pending from a couple of two-sport standouts.
The Bulldogs had some more recruits in for visits this weekend, and still await a decision from Goose Creek QB/PG Dantez Bennamon, who was offered last weekend. Another two-sport star, Hartsville OF/DB Shy Phillips, had been committed to Citadel baseball for about a year. He made the Shrine Bowl in football this season and has been getting some more recruiting attention for football as well. He has opened his recruiting back up and is choosing from among The Citadel, Coastal Carolina, Charleston Southern and Western Carolina.
- DE Logan Robinson (6-4, 225) from Yorktown HS in Arlington, Va.
- QB/ATH Shon Belton (6-2, 195) of Lugoff-Elgin HS. Highlights
- RB Isiaha Smith (5-11, 223) of Hagerstown, Md. Smith had two 2,000-yard rushing seasons at South Hagerstown HS. Interview/Highlights
– Lineman Houston Tyler (6-1, 251) from Southmoore HS in Moore, Okla. He was named all-state and the offensive lineman of the year in his district. Highlights here
– Tre’von White (6-5, 205), a receiver from Pelham (HS) Ga. White also plays basketball at Pelham and could project as a defensive end at The Citadel. Highlights
– Quinlan Washington (6-0, 185) from Bucholz HS in Gainesville, Fla. Washington played QB, FS and WR in high school; could be a slotback at Citadel. Also a standout baseball player Highlights
– QB Devon Mines (6-0, 170), Pelham, Ala. Mines ran the flexbone in high school and sure looks fast in these highlights. And in these:
– QB/DB Jauveer Hammond (5-8, 170), Strom Thurmond High School. Hammond was named the Augusta Chronicle’s SC player of the year last season. He passed for 1,745 yards and 14 TDs and ran for 1,356 yards and 11 TDs, leading Strom Thurmond to a 11-2 record and third round of the Class AAA playoffs. Strom Thurmond won its ninth region title in 10 years. He’s No. 10 the QB in this video from his junior year:
– LB Myles Pierce (6-0, 227), Daphne (Ala.) HS. Highlights here.
– Offensive lineman Tristan Harkleroad (6-2, 275) from Benedictine Military School in Savannah. He also had interest from Wofford, Army, Stetson and Kennesaw State. Some highlights:
– Running back Matthew Thompson (6-0, 205) of Morristown, Tenn. He had interest from ETSU and Georgia Tech and ran for 1,500 yards and 26 TDs as a senior. Highlights:
– QB Jalen Lampkin (5-10, 175) Westside HS, Augusta, Ga. Passes for 800 yards and ran for 710 last season with 20 total touchdowns. Highlights:
– OL Kyle Mauk (6-1, 255) Manatee HS, Bradenton, Fla. Highlights
– LB Russell Hubbs (6-1, 220) Northwestern HS, Rock Hill. Hubbs was a starter for the Northwestern team that beat Stratford in the state championship game. Here, Russell talks about committing to The Citadel.
– OL Sydney Martin (6-2, 252), Byrnes HS. Here, he does “The Flip.”