Here’s something for all you zombie fanatics via an announcement from Boone Hall
RUNNING SCARED 5K ZOMBIE RUN
TO KICK OFF
BOONE HALL FRIGHT NIGHTS 2013
Imagine running through the woods being chased by zombies seeking to take your life. No…it’s not a scene from the hit TV series “Walking Dead” or the recent popular movie “World War Z.”
This is a real event that will actually take place at Boone Hall Plantation in Mt. Pleasant, S.C. this coming fall.
On Sunday September 22, 2013, Boone Hall Plantation and Dream Vision Entertainment Productions will present the inaugural “Running Scared – 5K Zombie Apocalypse” to kickoff the 2013 edition of Boone Hall Fright Nights.
WHAT IS IT?
“Running Scared” is a 5K course that ventures into the “Zombie Infested Woods” of Boone Hall Plantation where elaborate scenes have been constructed for Boone Hall Fright Nights. Runners who have signed up for this event will venture into these woods with 3 life flags hanging from their waste band and one goal: to reach the end of the course with at least one life flag left; because throughout the course, Zombies are awaiting and hungry to take them away. Runners will face obstacles and other challenges as they flee the attacking Zombies while attempting to cross the finish line “alive.”
This fun run will take place on Sunday September 22, 2013 from 12pm-6pm.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
There are four different ways to participate in the event.
(1) Runners $50 advance registration – $60 after Sept. 1st.
(2) Feasting Zombie $50 advance registration – $60 after Sept. 1st
(3) Zombie Horde $25 advance registration – $35 after Sept. 1st
(4) Spectator $10 advance – $15 at the gate.
All levels allow participants admission to the “Ultimate Zombie Bash” which will take place from 12noon-8pm on the day of the Zombie Run.
The Ultimate Zombie Bash will feature music, food, beer, and more. This is going to be one “killer” day.
SPECIFIC DETAILS ABOUT THE EVENT AND REGISTRATION FOR PARTICIPATION CAN BE FOUND ONLINE AT WWW.BOONEHALLFRIGHTNIGHTS.COM.
SPECIAL NOTES OF IMPORTANCE
*”Running Scared” is the kickoff event for Boone Hall Fright Nights 2013 but it is not the main event itself.
*The 2013 edition of Boone Hall Fright Nights will feature four new “terrifying” attractions which will be presented on 21 different nights Sept. 27-Nov.2.
Dates of operation for Boone Hall Fright Nights 2013 will be: Sept. 27-28 Oct. 4-5-6 10-11-12-13 17-18-19-20 24-25-26-27 30-31 Nov. 1-2
Event hours will be: dusk – midnight on Fridays-Saturdays dusk-10pm all other open nights
Attractions for the 2013 event will be:
~ Castle Mid-Evil
~ Wicked Woods Hayride
~ Zombie Town – All New
~ Little Amy’s Nightmare In 3D - The Torment Continues
* Boone Hall Fright Nights is the largest multi-attraction haunted event in the state of South Carolina and is presented jointly by Boone Hall Plantation and Dream Vision Entertainment Productions.
* Entrance to both the Zombie Run and Boone Hall Fright Nights is located 1/2 mile north of Long Point Rd. on Hwy. 17 in Mt. Pleasant, S.C. Do not go to the main entrance to Boone Hall Plantation on Long Point Rd. You cannot get into these events from there.