On Dec. 19 from 9 a.m.-5 p.m., the Middleton Place museum shop, garden market and nursery will mark 15% off select items. In addition, with a $15 or more purchase, shoppers will receive a coupon for $10 off adult general admission to Middleton Place, as well as a free glass of red or white wine with lunch in the Middleton Place Restaurant. Vouchers can only be used on the day of purchase.
During the month of December, you can bring in a non-perishable food item to Magnolia Plantation and get 50 percent off your admission to the garden. The food items will donated to the Lowcountry Food Bank.
Fee Free Day at National Parks. To honor America’s service men and women, Secretary of the Interior Ken Salazar announced that areas managed by the National Park Service would not charge entrance fees for Veterans Day weekend – November 10-12, 2012. Everyone is eligible, not just veterans. Over 100 national Parks will be participating in this event.
Multiple agencies will share information and have interactive displays on hand for family fun
Charleston County Government <http://www.charlestoncounty.org/> announces a Fire Safety and Prevention Expo from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 10. The event, which is free to the public, will be held at the Seewee Visitor Center <http://www.fws.gov/seweecenter/> located on Highway 17 north in the Town of Awendaw. For directions, go to http://www.fws.gov/seweecenter/seweemap.html. The event was originally scheduled for Oct. 27 but was postponed due to anticipated poor weather that weekend.
“Those who attend will have the opportunity to meet some of the members of local agencies that serve their community,” said Ken Justice, engineer with the Awendaw Fire Department. “Our department along with several other agencies will provide handouts and specific information pertaining to the agencies’ missions.”
The Awendaw Fire Department is providing hot dogs and soda. Chic-fil-A restaurant is providing sweet tea and lemonade, and will also have their cow mascot at the expo.
Multiple local and state agencies will be represented at the expo, including:
- Charleston County Government <http://charlestoncounty.org/>
- Awendaw Fire Department <http://charlestoncounty.org/departments/EmergencyMgmt/Awendaw.htm>
- Sheriff’s Office <http://www.ccso.charlestoncounty.org/>
- Volunteer Fire and Rescue Squad <http://charlestoncounty.org/departments/EmergencyMgmt/rescue.htm>
- EMS <http://charlestoncounty.org/Departments/EMS/index.htm>
- S.C. Department of Natural Resources <http://www.dnr.sc.gov/>
- U.S. Forest Service <http://www.fs.fed.us/>
- S.C. State Forestry Commission <http://www.state.sc.us/forest/>
- Charleston Firefighter Support Team <http://charlestonffsupport.blogspot.com/>
- The MEDUCARE <http://www.med-trans.net/airMedical/viewarticle.asp?ID=48&team=MEDUCARE%20-%20Charleston,%20South%20Carolina> helicopter