It was more than South Carolina coaches’ raw, annual income that received a boost Thursday by the university’s board of trustees.
Steve Spurrier and his assistant also received increased incentive bonuses for the 2014 season.
Mostly, the incentives remained the same. The reward for meeting them got a bump. Those raises are outlined below.
POSTSEASON BOWL GAMES
- $100,000 if the football team participates in a postseason bowl game other than the Capital One Bowl or a college football playoff game
- $200,000 if the football team participates in the Capital One Bowl or a college football playoff game
- $250,000 if the football team participates in a college football semifinal game (*)
- $100,000 if the football team participates in the college football playoff national championship game
- $200,000 if the football team wins the national championship
The incentives for appearing in the playoffs and winning the national championship compound. Therefore, if South Carolina wins the national championship, Spurrier will receive $540 in bonus pay.
For assistant coaches:
- $30,000 for appearance in a postseason college football playoff game
- $20,000 for appearance in Capital One Bowl
- $15,000 for appearance in postseason bowl other than Capital One Bowl or college football playoffs
Additionally, for Lorenzo Ward:
- $10,000 if defense finishes top 6 in SEC total defense
- $20,000 if defense finishes top 3 in SEC total defense
- $25,000 if team wins SEC East title
- $50,000 if team wins SEC Championship
Finally, each assistant coach will be provided one automobile.